Modifications to the Terms and to the Services
QuickFacts reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise and update these Terms from time to time. The date on which these Terms were last updated will appear at the bottom of this page, and any and all such modifications are effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Services after any such modifications constitutes your acceptance of, and your agreement to be bound by the new Terms. You should periodically review these Terms so that you are aware of any revision to which you are bound.
The information and material on the Services, and the Services itself, may be changed, withdrawn or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.
Your Use of the Services
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The Services, including content or areas of the website, may require that you register as a user or otherwise provide us with certain information. It is a condition of your use of the Services that all the information you provide on the website is correct, current, and complete.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website.
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, to block your access to the Services in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including any violation of any provision of these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, reviews, testimonials, photos, videos, materials, and other information about the Services, or our products and services (collectively, “Submissions”) that you submit, post, publish, display, transmit, or otherwise provide to us, whether through the website, via e-mail, or otherwise, are non-confidential and we will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without your acknowledgment or compensation to you. By providing Submissions, you hereby grant to QuickFacts, its successors and assigns, now and in the future, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, alter, adapt, translate, perform, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, stream, broadcast, make available, create derivative works, and disclose to third parties any such Submissions for any purpose and to incorporate such material into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed throughout the world, and you further waive any moral rights or other rights of authorship to such Submissions. By providing the Submissions, you represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary rights to provide the Submissions and have the right to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including, without limitation, any privacy rights, rights of publicity, copyrights, and any other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You further represent and warrant that all Submissions provided by you are comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and the Services Content Standards set out in these Terms.
You understand and agree that you, not QuickFacts, are fully responsible for any Submissions you submit or contribute, and you are fully responsible and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any Submissions submitted by you.
Conditions of Use and Website Content Standards
As a condition of your access and use, you agree that you may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms.
The following standards and restrictions apply to your conduct and to any and all Submissions that you submit, post, publish, display, transmit, or make available to our website.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree as follows:
- You will not copy, reproduce, modify, alter, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, hack, attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of, or create derivative works or improvements of, the Services, or any features or functionality thereof.
- You will not rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, or make available, the Services, or any features or functionality thereof, to any third party for any reason.
- You will not remove, delete, alter, obscure, any copyright, trademark, patent, brand element, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on the Services.
- You will not use the Services for purposes of competitive analysis, the development of a competing product, copying and/or exploiting ideas, features, or functions of the Services, or any other purpose that is to our disadvantage.
- You will not cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of the Services, or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of the Services.
- You will not introduce or distribute any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to or impair any aspect of the Services, or its related systems or networks.
- You will not impersonate, attempt to impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with QuickFacts, a QuickFacts employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, associated with any of the foregoing).
- You will not provide or contribute any false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
- You will not participate in any form of action or conduct, or submit any Submissions, that:
- are exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such prohibited ground;
- interfere or violate any third party’s, or any other user of the Services’, right to privacy, or other rights, including intellectual property rights;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety to other users of the Services, or any third party;
- are likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any user of the Services or any third party; or
- may otherwise have a disruptive, destructive, or negative impact on QuickFacts, other users of the Services, or any third party.
- You will not engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm QuickFacts or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
- You will not promote or engage in any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
You understand and agree that the Services and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including, but not limited to, all information, software, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, video, audio, design, presentation, selection, and arrangement, are owned by QuickFacts, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights.
Our name, the QuickFacts, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, images, and slogans are trademarks of QuickFacts or its affiliates and licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of QuickFacts. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs, images and slogans mentioned or which appear on this Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such property, except as expressly authorized, shall constitute a violation of the rights of the property owner and may be a violation of federal or other laws and could subject the violator to legal action.
By using the Services, you agree to respect all copyright, trademark and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any of the content that we provide through the Services.
We do not grant you a right or license to reproduce content from the Services, for any reason.
The content on our website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Services, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date. Your use of the Services is at your own risk and QuickFacts has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this website.
This Services may include content provided by third parties, including from other users and third-party licensors. All statements and/or opinions expressed in any such third-party content, other than the content provided by QuickFacts, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. Such materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of QuickFacts. QuickFacts has no responsibility or liability whatsoever to you, or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any third-party materials.
Third Party Websites
Links on the Services to other websites, applications, or resources provided, operated, or maintained by parties other than QuickFacts (“Third Party Websites”) are provided to you for convenience only. By accessing such Third Party Websites through the Services, you are consenting to the terms of service and privacy policies of those Third Party Websites. We are not responsible for the availability of such Third Party Websites, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their content or policies. You should read the terms of service and privacy policies of such Third Party Websites, and make an informed decision whether or not to use these Third Party Websites based upon their practices and your discretion.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. QUICKFACTS DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN ADDITION, QUICKFACTS DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, QUICKFACTS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL QUICKFACTS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARTNERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
No waiver under these Terms is effective unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the party waiving its right. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from these Terms operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
If any provision in these Terms is held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Services should be directed to:
Contact: Christy Silvestri