Collection of your Information
What Information do we collect?
We collect and use Personal Information from our insurance brokerage customers as follows:
- to open a QuickFacts account (such as an email address, password and username);
- to provide access to the Services to customers (email address, password, name, username, and role at customer company);
- as otherwise described in this Policy.
We collect and use Personal Information from the employees and contractors of our insurance brokerage customers (or anyone identified by a customer as an authorized user) as follows:
- to provide access to the Services to those customer employees or contractors who have been identified by a customer as authorized users (email, name, password and username); and
- to give our customers insights into the use of our Services by employees and contractors within their organization.
We collect and use several types of Information from and about you, including:
- Personal Information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number and IP address.
- Non-identifiable Information, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Services feature, or to provide other user insights to our customers.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Services interactions, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we collect Information?
We only collect Information that we believe is reasonably necessary for a legitimate purpose, as further described below. We use different methods to collect your Information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, such as when you log in to your QuickFacts account, or when you correspond with us through the Services, by email, phone, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions as you navigate our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, such as other users of the Services, our business partners, and unaffiliated third parties (such as advertising networks).
The choice to provide us with Personal Information is yours. In certain cases, your decision to withhold Information, or to withdraw your consent to our use or disclosure of your Personal Information, may limit the services that we can provide to you through the Services.
Use of your Information
- to provide you with access to the Services (for example, to allow you to create an account);
- to provide you with information relating to our Services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to follow up on your comments and suggestions;
- to fulfil the purposes for which you provided the Information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements;
- to notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to improve our Services, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- to manage and develop our business systems and operations;
- to monitor and conduct an analysis of our website traffic and usage patterns;
- to post customer testimonials, comments or reviews;
- to protect our rights and property; or
- to lessen a serious threat to personal safety, health or security.
We may use third-party web analytics services in provision of our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use Information to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising. To prevent Google Analytics from using your Information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share Information collected from you with our affiliates, or in the context of a business transaction, we may transfer such Information to a successor entity or to an entity which purchases substantially all of the assets of QuickFacts.
We sometimes contract with outside organizations to perform specialized services such as hosting the Services. Our suppliers may at times receive, process or handle some of your Information. Only the Information necessary to perform the services under the contract is given to the supplier. Under their contracts with us, our suppliers may use such Information only to carry out the contracted service and must not store or use the Information for any other purpose. Our contracts with suppliers require that they provide a level of protection for your Information that is comparable to our own.
We may also disclose your Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- To enforce or apply other agreements to which we are a party, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of QuickFacts, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your Personal Information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To ensure that your Personal Information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable procedures to safeguard the Information we collect against unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. Nonetheless, transmission of information on the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Services, by email or otherwise and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Likewise, the storage of information is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data stored on our system and storage of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Our Services is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at the address provided below.
Retention of Personal Information
The Personal Information that you provide will be retained by QuickFacts in accordance with applicable laws. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information we hold if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Access and Correction
QuickFacts will take reasonable steps to ensure the Personal Information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Upon your written request, and subject to certain exceptions provided by law, QuickFacts will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to that information. QuickFacts may charge a minimal fee for providing such access to you. If you believe that the Personal Information that QuickFacts holds about you is not accurate or complete, you may write to QuickFacts at email@example.com. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate or complete, QuickFacts will take reasonable steps to delete and/or correct the information so that it is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. In order to facilitate a request to correct or update information, QuickFacts may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. Any such information will only be used for the purpose of confirming your identity and will not be retained by QuickFacts.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising, and to find information about how to block or limit cookies, visit AdChoices, the Canadian self-regulatory program for online interest-based advertising, administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”).
Canada’s Anti Spam Law (“CASL”)
We will only send you commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”) where we have your express or implied consent to do so. Your consent to receive CEMs is implied where we have an existing business relationship with you, or you have reached out to us and made an inquiry within a certain time frame. You may unsubscribe from receiving CEMs at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe button on an email or following the direction provided in a text message.
Withdrawing your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the address provided below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact: Christy Silvestri